In addition to normal cards, there are two special types of cards that you can use in various ways to build a unique collection:
- Fragmented cards
- Limited cards
This is a type of card that viewers need to obtain several times in order to redeem it. For example, if you set five fragments for a card, a user will have to obtain it five times before they can redeem it.
This type of card is ideal when you want to make a card exceedingly difficult to obtain, or when you want to challenge your viewers to obtain a large amount of the same card to acquire a special reward.
The probability of a card appearing in a chest does not change when you fragment it.
Fragmented cards in crafting mode
Fragmented cards have the same settings as normal cards in the crafting mode. Therefore, the number of resources obtained when you destroy them or the number of resources needed to craft them will not differ. However, you can modify these settings manually if you wish to.
When a user crafts a fragmented card, they are actually crafting a fragment of the card. Therefore, in the previous example where a card was fragmented into five, a user will have to craft the card five times in order to redeem it.
Make sure to check that Crafting Mode is enabled when designing your collection.
Advice on how to use fragmented cards
Fragmented cards are very useful to lower the rarity of some of your cards and challenge your users. These are some examples of fragmented cards:
- Obtain this card ten times and I will kill myself in the current game (common card).
- Obtain this common card three times to send a message that will be read by TTS (common card).
- Obtain this card three times and I will create a command in the chat for a month (rare card).
- Obtain this card a hundred times and I will create a giant ramp in Minecraft and build a house on top of it (common card).
- Obtain this card five times and I will follow you on Twitter (epic or rare card).
- Obtain this card five times and I will add you to my best friend list (epic or rare card).
- Obtain this card five times and I will send you a surprise present to your home (epic or legendary card).
- Obtain this card a thousand times to appear in my stream's honor list for a year (common card).
When you define a card as limited, your users will only be able to obtain or craft it a limited amount of times. The number of times that you designate will conform to the number of cards of that particular type that can be obtained in total.
The cards will not be limited by the user. Therefore, a single user can obtain all the limited cards that there are.
Limited cards in crafting mode
If a limited card is destroyed through the crafting mode, it will become available again so that another user can obtain it.
If a limited card is crafted through the crafting mode, the number of cards of that particular type that are available will decrease. If you want to make a limited card unavailable for crafting, remember to set it as “non-craftable”.
A limited card cannot be assigned as fragmented, since that would imply that a single person would have to obtain all the fragments to craft it, and therefore the probabilities of completing the card would be extremely low.
If you want to make a limited card even more special, you can always change its probability within its rarity.
Examples of how to use limited cards
Limited cards are perfect to offer special rewards. These are some examples of how to use them:
- If you are an artist, and you want to use your cards to offer five commissions, you can create a limited card that can appear a maximum of five times.
- If you are a professional gamer, you can use limited cards to offer a certain amount of personal coaching to the viewers that obtain them.
- If you are attending an event on-site, you can create a limited card so that a certain amount of lucky viewers can eat with you that day.
- If you have beta keys for a game that you want to share with your viewers, you can create limited cards so that only those who redeem them can obtain the beta keys.
You can also use limited cards to offer a limited amount of special interactions. For example, suppose that you create a card that states that you will do an eight-hour-long stream, and you want it to appear only once a month. You can create a limited card that only appears once and update it each month so that it can re-appear.