Being a part of Streamloots means you will gain access to a Discord server that is open to the broader community. It is a closed server that allows you to connect with other streamers, as well as Streamloots staff. Discord will be monitored and moderated to ensure community wellness and safety. Members of our team will be available throughout weekdays (Monday to Friday) to share important updates, connect with you, hear about your experience with Streamloots, and answer questions you may have. Ultimately, the purpose of this Discord is to foster community and connection between streamers, and to provide an opportunity for collaboration, support, and knowledge-sharing.
Discord is not a vent space. We want to create a program that is both supportive and empowering. That’s not to say we can’t have hard conversations – in fact, those conversations are critical for us to learn what’s working, what’s not, and where we can improve. Respect the difference between having hard conversations with staff and other streamers, and continuous airing of grievances that are unproductive in public channels.
Please be mindful of your fellow streamers, their unique journeys, and the effect your comments may have on our Discord community.
Below is a quick rundown of best practices, what channels will be open to you, how to utilize these channels, and some general Dos and Don’ts.
- Abide by Streamloots’ Terms of Service.
- Select an appropriate avatar. We encourage you to use an avatar that the community will recognize from within Streamloots, or your other social platforms.
- Be kind and respectful. Streamloots is a global community, and everyone is coming from a different background with their own backstory and set of values. When interacting with staff and your fellow streamers, be mindful of the language you use and strive for inclusion, support, and productive conversation. Don't make assumptions about other streamers’ identities.
- Get in touch with staff if you have an issue. For Affiliate, Streamer, or community issues, please contact our Head of Community Samantha (Samantha from Streamloots#3274). For Partner-specific issues, please contact our Partner Manager Nachin (Nachin#7063). For technical issues within Streamloots, please contact our Product Support Engineer PlayWithLord (PlayWithLord#9061) or our Customer Support Specialist Sergio (bloodysabb#0424).
- Do not post NSFW (Not Safe For Work), mature, or sexual content anywhere in Discord.
- Do not harass, spam, or bully any community member via Discord. Harassment means repeated and persistent behavior towards an individual with the intention to torment, undermine, frustrate, or provoke a reaction from that person. Spamming includes posting links to join other Discords, sharing links outside of #cards-and-clips, and pinging community members without purpose. Bullying consists of repeated verbal, physical and/or social behavior that intends to cause physical, social, or psychological harm. Failure to abide by this guideline may result in your removal from the Discord and Streamloots’ programs.
- Avoid unsolicited streaming criticisms. Tastes are personal. The beauty of this program is the opportunity to represent so many different voices, genres, preferences and styles – and what you don’t like might be what someone else is passionate about streaming. To avoid unintended offense, avoid putting down any streamers in full-group discussions.
- Avoid political or religious conversations. Not everyone shares the same beliefs and opinions, so the best way to ensure inclusion is to avoid these topics altogether.
We encourage you to think of these questions before you post so that conversations can move forward in the most productive way:
- What assumptions are built into this question?
- What do I hope that answering this question will accomplish?
- Am I empowered/invited to reflect on and be part of the solution/answer to this question?
- Will my question hurt, exclude, or silence others?
- Is my question based on facts or bias/rumors?
Remember: this is a closed Discord group for Streamloots community members specifically. At times, you may receive confidential or private information that not everyone in Streamloots has access to. We have a zero tolerance policy for sharing this type of information outside of the Discord, as well as for taking screenshots of conversations and sharing them without permission.
CONDUCT VIOLATIONS FRAMEWORK
If we witness or are made aware of conduct violations by Partners on Streamloots, Discord, or other social media, we may have a one-on-one conversation to listen with the streamer, provide feedback or educational resources, issue formal warnings, or take appropriate disciplinary actions. Those resulting conversations are private and confidential, and we will never make the details public out of respect to the individual’s privacy. We ask that you familiarize yourself with the following conduct violations, severity levels, and resulting actions.
Zero (0) tolerance and will result in the immediate removal from Discord and Affiliate or Partner programs.
Up to one (1) warning will be issued and education provided. Any more infractions beyond this will result in removal from Discord and Affiliate or Partner programs.
Up to three (3) warnings will be issued and education provided. Any more than 3 warnings will result in removal from Discord and the Affiliate or Partner programs.